From:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2014 18:07:48 -0400
I was at Penitentiary Glen in Lake County this afternoon/evening for a couple hours. There was a lot
of activity, being late in the day. The best bird by far was an adult Worm-eating Warbler that I
watched for over 45 minutes. I found him off trail on the Gorge Rim Loop Trail. Most of the time I
watched him, he was foraging in clumps of dead leaves high up in trees. I saw the large-pointed bill,
khaki-olivish color,  and visible black stripes through eyes and on head.There was a lot of other
activity around where I found him. Other highlights included-

Ruby-throated Hummingbird
3 Great Crested Flycatchers
Red-eyed Vireo
7 Veery, 1 Swainson's, 1 Hermit, and 4 Wood Thrushes
4 Ovenbirds, 12 Black-and-White, 2 American Redstart, Blackburnian, 5 Yellow, Chestnut-sided, 2
Black-throated Blue, 6 Palm, 8 Yellow-rumped, and 2 Black-throated Green warblers.

Cole DiFabio
Lake County