OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2014

From:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2014 18:35:38 -0400
Hi all,

I just got a call from Cheryl Harner, who along with Michael Godfrey are observing an interesting kingbird at the Marblehead Lighthouse on the Marblehead Peninsula (should be simple to google up directions). The bird is hunting from the dead limbs of a basswood tree not far to the right (south) of the lighthouse, as seen from the parking lot.

The bird appears to be a Cassin’s/Couch’s/Tropical type – they report that it has no white outer tail feathers as would a Western Kingbird. Godfrey has excellent video gear and they are filming the bird, which is currently present and has been for over a half-hour (at least).

Worth checking out.

Jim

Jim McCormac
Columbus, Ohio