OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2014

From:
Nelson Mostow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nelson Mostow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2014 18:08:19 -0400
Many thanks to Sandra for the post.  This morning (around 8 am) I heard and then saw one of the Prairie Warblers.  I also heard a blue winged but did not get a very good look at it.

For those like me who had never been to the Armington Pond area, here are some additional details.  Armington Pond is part of CVNP in/near Peninsula, Ohio.  Once you park, walk the road down the hill, past Armington pond, up the hill on the other side and you will come to a large field.  As Sandra said, go left (north) after you get to the field and at least today, I began to hear the Prairie Warbler when I got to a part of the field that opened out on the left (west).  He was in the unmowed area of bushes and small trees.  One easy way to understand this is to search for Armington Pond, Peninsula Ohio on google maps and then switch to satellite view.

I did not hear or see the Henslow sparrows but was rained out shortly after I found the warbler.

Nelson Mostow