OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2014

From:
Randy Rowe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Rowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2014 08:22:07 -0400
Each June I conduct a census of breeding birds in Wooster Memorial Park, a
300+ acre wooded park with two open field areas and a deep ravine with
stream. The list below includes all species seen or heard and the largest
number in one day. Cerulean warbler was detected once, the first time in
four years. Kentucky warbler and Yellow-breasted chat were not detected for
the first time in several years.

Randy Rowe, Wooster OH

Dates: June 10 (7:45-11:45am), June 15 (7:30am-12:30pm)

Total hours in field: 9

Total species observed = 47

Mallard – 1 pair

Turkey vulture - 1