OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2014

From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2014 15:27:41 -0400
Okies, in my attempt to at least see, but also photograph every OBBAII
bird, I have a few that have eluded me. I am down to about 15 to see, and
20 to photograph.

 I realize that some are probably one offs and probably not around,  BUT,
these are included in the OBBAII survey as being in Ohio, and I assume
possibly at least breeding in Ohio.  I have exhausted eBird on these and
only one or two show possibilities within the last few weeks.  I understand
that not all Ohio Birders use eBird, so I am casting out the net so to
speak. So if there are any good spots to see (and hopefully photograph) any
or all of the following birds, please  email me privately.

Thanks.

Gadwall (Seen, need good photograph)

Red-breasted Merganser (Seen, need good photograph)

Sharp-shinned Hawk

Black Rail ( I know about the one in the farmer's field. But I think that
one has been chased and listserved about enough. :-D )

Sandhill Crane (seen, need a good photograph)

Piping Plover

Upland Sandpiper

Laughing Gull (Is the one still up at Lorain?  Or others.)

Chuck-will's-widow

Chimney Swift (Seen, but would like some perched somewhere)

Alder Flycatcher

Bank Swallow (seen, need a good photograph pref near nesting area)

Sedge Wren (seen, need a good photograph)

Swainson's Warbler (In Ohio???)

Vesper Sparrow

Henslow's Sparrow (seen a lot of list saying they heard them, but I haven't
seen, heard, or photographed.)

Red Crossbill (In Ohio???)

(I also haven't photographed an American Crow...but I think I can find one
of those. :-D )

Thanks

Steve J.