OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2014

From:
Doreene Linzell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doreene Linzell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 15:31:08 -0400
Recent reports from Leslie Sours and Jenny Bowman indicate that the kite is still putting on a great show down in Highland County!!! As it is no 3:30, it is possible that the bird will not show much longer, if it follows its pattern from yesterday. Justin Valentine, the original discoverer of the bird, is also there enjoying the bird. Many, many thanks to him for bringing this bird to the attention of the birding community.

Leslie told me an interesting story about Mr. Weaver, the gentleman who lives in the house on New Vienna Rd. This afternoon the kite was missing for awhile. Folks arrived  and had not seen the bird. Well, Mr. Weaver got on his motorcycle and scouted the area to try and relocate the kite!! He is enjoying hosting this special visitor to our state. I plan on sending him a bird guide when I get a chance to get to the store to buy one!!!

Doreene Linzell