OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2014

From:
Paul Hurtado <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Hurtado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2014 11:24:20 -0400
For those looking to follow up on this report: I've uploaded a map of the
Watermark area to the Central Ohio Birders facebook page (which I believe
is visible without a facebook account).

ACCESS for anyone chasing this report is probably best from either behind
the buildings at 1335-1337 Dublin Rd (paved bike path along the top of the
dike that forms the north/east bank of the river) or perhaps off of
McKinley Ave south of the river, via the new foot bridge just downstream of
the 670 bridge. Scanning from the Watermark "island" (assuming the gates
are open) parking areas probably wouldn't hurt.

If the bird isn't refound, it would also be worth checking the Scioto river
area (including Griggs and O'Shaughnessy reservoirs) and any nearby open
agricultural areas with woodlots (Glacier Ridge MP, OSU Airport, lots of
agricultural areas north and west of 270).

Good luck!
-Paul Hurtado
Columbus

--
Paul J. Hurtado
Postdoctoral Fellow, The Ohio State University

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Webpage: http://people.mbi.ohio-state.edu/hurtado.10