OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2014

From:
Robert Stalnaker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Stalnaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2014 14:01:36 -0700

Thanks for posting where the photos are.  New people join all the time and don't know stuff like that unless stated.

It looks like a hatch year kite.  Most adults show some degree of molt and this kite's feathers look fresh and even.

The fork in the tail is shallow, indicating an immature.

Does anybody see it differently re age?

Bob Stalnaker
Longwood, FL