OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2014

From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 20:27:03 -0400
Greetings!

Two lists for Killdeer,  one specifically for pond 27.   Lots of good
flycatcher action all around.  Avocets were a no show, but the earlier
reported Black-bellied Plover was down front and center.  I only listed
what I could ID, there were a lot of birds on the opposite shore that I
couldn't determine.  I could pick out Killdeer, but that was it.

I am looking to find a good place in Columbus for Peregrine Falcons...I
still need one...I can't get one to show up here in LaRue...go figure. 😄.
Anyhew, I was also hoping to be able to get a shot of one, so if anyone
knows of a good place, please let me know.  I am leaving for Columbus in
the morning.

Lists are bellow.

Happy birding, have a great and safe Labor Day Weekend, and God Bless

Steve J.

Killdeer Plains Wildlife Area, Wyandot, US-OH
Aug 29, 2014 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
10.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Submitted from  BirdLog NA for Android v1.9.6
43 species

Canada Goose  6
Trumpeter Swan  7
Wood Duck  4
Mallard  6
Pied-billed Grebe  1
Great Blue Heron  4
Great Egret  3
Green Heron  3
Turkey Vulture  15
Bald Eagle  2
Red-tailed Hawk  6
Killdeer  20
Mourning Dove  30
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  2
Belted Kingfisher  1
Red-headed Woodpecker  8
Downy Woodpecker  1
American Kestrel  6
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher  1
Willow Flycatcher  1
Least Flycatcher  1
Eastern Kingbird  4
Horned Lark  2
Tree Swallow  6
Barn Swallow  5
Tufted Titmouse  2
White-breasted Nuthatch  2
House Wren  2
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  2
Eastern Bluebird  2
American Robin  2
Gray Catbird  2
Northern Mockingbird  2
European Starling  20
Cedar Waxwing  6
Eastern Towhee  3
Chipping Sparrow  2
Field Sparrow  4
Song Sparrow  1
Northern Cardinal  2
Indigo Bunting  2
American Goldfinch  20
House Sparrow  8

View this checklist online at

Killdeer Plains Wildlife Area--Pond 27, Wyandot, US-OH
Aug 29, 2014 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.25 mile(s)
Comments:     Submitted from  BirdLog NA for Android v1.9.6
37 species

Canada Goose  2
Trumpeter Swan  2
Wood Duck  4