OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2014

From:
Sandra Buckles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Buckles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2014 13:34:19 -0400
I will  update later on details of meeting at Frohring Meadows but we had over 2 dozen attendees. Geauga county residents from 12 townships,  and 2 individuals from outside Geauga (Cuyahoga and Portage). Birders,Native Plants, Photography, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Volunteers,Educators  and more were  represented.   Remember the new schedule for the Park Commissioners is a meeting at Meyer Center at Big Creek at 9 am  Monday August 11. But please call the park office at 8 am to make sure that there has not been a sudden last minute change. If you were unable to attend the meeting today or cannot come Monday, please comment to my email on your concerns. Park systems all over Ohio and the nation are facing these same problems. I am sure everyone knows that FULL LIFE CYCLE BIRD CONSERVATION is the focus now and while many of the birds in our parks are 'just passing through", our parks provide a resting and feeding place for their long trips.
Remember, we are the stewards of the Park System and once it is gone, we cannot rebuild it.

Sandy Buckles, M.S.

"We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards that those who follow us may see our mark on the land was one of respect and love....."( From a trail marker at Settler's Cove, near Ketchikan , Alaska.)
Robert B. Oetting