OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2014

From:
Paul Hurtado <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Hurtado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2014 10:49:07 -0400
While this species does have habitat preferences,  this time of year they
can wander widely and turn up just about anywhere!

Even the best habitat in Ohio for the species isn't guaranteed to make a
wandering vagrant stick around. That said, it took me three attempts before
successfully chasing my life bird outside West Lafayette, IN last summer
(in an area of mixed open agricultural habitat and woodlots).

A risky species to chase,  but every once and a while they DO stick around!

-Paul Hurtado