OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2014

From:
Jeff Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2014 06:41:25 -0700
Last evening a few birders stopped by LaDue Reservoir to look for the previously reported bird by Matt Valencic.

We observed a tern sitting on a sand bar straight out from the boat launching area that we believed was the bird in question. There also were several Caspian Terns and gulls.  The bird did not seem to associate much with the terns.

The bird looked similar to the birds in the Crossley guide. I think this bird deserves further investigation if you are familiar with Royal Terns and are in the area. You should stop and look.

Jeff Harvey
Mahoning County