OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2014

From:
busterjoy80 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
busterjoy80 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2014 08:36:01 -0400
I'll disagree. Your enthusiasm was to share the wonderful birds of this wonderful place.  Your words were meant for birders. The listserv services birders! Not hunters, not photographers. ABA rule followers (hopefully). I am thinking things will now turn back to where friends only contact friends and no more "throwing it out there for anyone/everyone". Sad that it will soon move to that. Network quickly folks since the loop Is contracting. ......

Buster

I did not realize the firestorm I was creating with my "Self-Inflicted" post. I apologize. Attached is a surprising e-mail I received this morning from someone I know, that will stay anonymous. It appears my thoughts on what presently goes on in the Ohio birding world do not fit into today's birding standards.

90% of the popularity of Conneaut for birders and photographers has
come as a direct result of your posts. You post every time you go
there, frequently multiple times per visit. This level of exposure was
bound to ruin the place for those who wish to bird in a passive and
non-invasive way. I know this was not your intention, and I realize
you are appalled by what has occurred. Nevertheless, if you
specifically were to stop your incessant posting, possibly the problem
you created could be reduced.

Bob Lane