OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2014

From:
Bill Heck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Heck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:26:44 -0400
Gene Stauffer and I saw 17 or so Franklin's Gulls, undoubtedly the ones
that Robert found, on the beach very near the building/restrooms. The coots
floated up a small inlet to the west of the dam so were not visible by the
time we left.

While searching for scoters, we found three flocks floating well offshore:
one flock appeared to hold about 25 Lesser Scaup, the others had smaller
numbers of...well...birds. Identification was impossible given the
distance, wind, and some heat shimmer over the water.

Bill Heck
Columbus Audubon

*Register *for the Columbus Audubon Inaugural 5k Run/Walk to be held at the
Grange Insurance Audubon Center November 8th, 2014 - race starts at 9am.
Bring the family!

https://premierraces.org/index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=event&id=174&catid=1&Itemid=352