OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2014

From:
inga schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
inga schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2014 19:35:41 -0400
Early evening, I stopped by Frohring Meadows after the rain.  I found a
few small flocks of sparrows, but most seemed to be hunkered down in
the grass for the evening. White crowned, swamp, song.  But, I did find
one lone vesper sparrow in the sparse grass off the unpaved trail.

Also kicked up eight W. Snipe. Not in the wetland area, but in the area next
to the soccer nets. Maybe another vesper there too, but it was getting dark
and I wasn't certain.

Inga Schmidt