OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2014

From:
Jason Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2014 17:01:47 +0000
Greetings!
For the last three days we have been hosting a flock of three Fox Sparrow at the Gorman Nature Center feeders. Today, that flock grew to 6 Fox Sparrows and while observing them this morning, they were joined by a late Chipping Sparrow sporting its winter plumage.
Gorman Nature Center is located at 2295 Lexington Avenue, Mansfield, OH  44907-3027. If you are interested in coming for a visit, give us a call at 419-884-3764. The nature center building should be open tomorrow (volunteer staffed) from about 10-3, but the feeders can be easily accessed from outside the building. The birds have been frequenting the feeders on the north and west sides of the nature center.
Good birding!
Jason
Jason S. Larson
Executive Director - Richland County Park District/Gorman Nature Center/B&O Bike Trail
Curator - Muskingum University Herbarium (MUS)
2295 Lexington Avenue
Mansfield, Ohio 44907
419-884-3764
gormannaturecenter.org