OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2014

From:
Lisa Brohl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Brohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2014 10:19:00 -0500
The past few days we have enjoyed watching the waterfowl move through.

There has been a raft of over 500 ducks in Put-in-Bay harbor- mixed bufflehead, greater and lesser scaup, redheads, and the occasional canvasback  and common goldeneye. Tundra swans at chapmans point and Scheeff Oreserve on South Bass Island have been over 100 some days. The number of horned grebes seen this year are amazing. In one spot between the docks in Put-in-bay harbor, i saw a dizen horned grebes andbone pued billed grebe in one small spot. You see them everywhere along the shoreline at south bass and middle bass now. Waterfowl numbers are down this morning with holiday hunting.

Fox sparrow in my yard yesterday on south bass yesterday!

Lisa