OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2014

From:
Randy Rowe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Rowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2014 19:28:09 -0500
Returning from visits in Michigan, we stopped along Rt 2 today and drove
into Ottawa NWR and Magee Marsh WA. There was a flock of about 200 tundra
swans in an open field on the south side of Rt 2, across from Ottawa NWR.
We saw two smaller flocks in fields in the same area heading to Michigan
last Tuesday. There were also two adult bald eagles on the ground in
another open field.

At Magee Marsh, we drove across the causeway and on the west side, spotted
a northern shrike perched in a sapling towards the north end of the marsh.
There were very few birds on Lake Erie and nothing along the boardwalk, at
least towards the entrance.

Randy Rowe, Wooster