OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2014

From:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2014 20:48:12 -0500
Hi John (and all),

Things were way different a bit further west at Sunset Park, also in Lake
County. I was there from 8:30 to 10:15. Highlights from my lakewatch:
81 Tundra Swans (including 11 sitting on the water) Gadwall (2), American
Black Duck, Mallard (12), Bufflehead (12), scaup sp. (5), Hooded Merganser
(2), Ruddy Duck (18), Common Loon (30), Horned Grebe (40). Also, towards
10am or so, there was a large stream of Red-breasted Mergansers flying
west, estimating over 2000. A lot of the ducks I saw were sitting on the
water, with some flying by as well. Also had a single American Pipit.
Good birding.
Cole DiFabio

--
Cole DiFabio