OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2014

From:
Glenn Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glenn Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2014 15:57:02 -0500
Dillon, etal
    The Division of Wildlife (DOW) has been doing studies on Barn Owl location for the past several years.  They are studying nesting patterns, food sources and where they are being seen across the state.  Contact the DOW at 1-800 WILDLIFE (945-3543) I sure they will be able to put you in contact with the right people.
    They are doing very scientific investigation and locations are kept confidential for the safety of the owls.
    I commend you on your post, but a bit of caution, too many people coming to observe them may cause them to leave.  I hope you have great success in you ventures and yes, keeps us posted on your observations.

Bob Welch