OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2014

From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2014 11:37:18 -0500
Thanks to the Ohio Ornithological Society, and especially to Glen
Crippen who is doing all the scanning, all the back issues of our state
ornithological journal are being installed on line at the OOS site at
http://www.ohiobirds.org/site/publications/cardinal/archiveissues.php
        Fifty-plus issues are now available, and all issues back to the first
one, covering the spring of 1978, are destined for scanning. I invite
all readers of this list to look into the records and articles of Ohio's
ornithological journal. Once you choose an issue, you can rotate the
text clockwise by choosing the last icon on the upper right in order to
read it normally. This is a treasure rescued from obscurity.
        There is a lot of good reading here, a lot of distillations of history,
organized records, and many contributions from Ohio birders. You can
find arguments and humor and photos; new birders will learn where we've
been, and veterans will be reminded of the past. All the CBCs are here,
all the OBRC decisions, all the records both routine and rare, even
weird. You can find book reviews, unpublished or forgotten articles from
the past, ID hints, site accounts, survey results, even debates.
Check it out!
Bill Whan