OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2014

From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2014 21:16:07 -0500
There was a decent movement of gulls this morning.  They slowed down a bit
around 9:00, but small numbers moved all day.  There were quite a few
herring and great black-backed later in the day.  I didn't have time to
watch or count though.  Of notice was a glaucous and lesser black-backed.
Waterfowl were still down a bit with mergansers making up most of the
flight.

Lakeshore Waterbird Survey

Lakeshore Reservation, North Perry, Lake County

December 28, 2014, 0730-1000

Weather- cloudy, Wind- W 10-15

Temperature 38-39 F, Barometer- 30.05-30.08

Humidity-  91-88, dew point- 35-37

Waves- 2-3, Flight direction- west

Bufflehead   4

Common goldeneye   16