OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2014

From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2014 11:56:37 -0500
The Columbus Audubon Society has agreed to make available my "Birds of
Franklin County" on its web site at
http://www.columbusaudubon.org/images/resources/FCOChecklistWWhan.pdf  ,
or on the CAS page under the topics "Resources" and "Checklists and
Indexes".  Part of its introduction appeared in a recent issue of The
Ohio Cardinal.  I have no intention to involve money in it, and readers
are free to read it on line, or search the text for information. I ask
only for attributions for using it.  I plan to revise the text
periodically, adding information as it becomes available, and the
Society has kindly agreed to updates. There is no eye-candy, just
information on the local historical records of birds, habitats, seasons
of occurrence, etc.
         I have included unique and interesting records verified from the
surrounding counties: Delaware, Licking, Union, Fairfield, Pickaway, and
Madison. In this sense the list covers the whole of central Ohio, with a
confirmed list of 353 species, plus at least six hypotheticals.
        I invite comments from readers, and thank the many who have helped in
the preparation of this work.
Bill Whan
Columbus