OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2014

From:
Glenn Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glenn Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2014 14:27:24 -0500
115TH Audubon Christmas Bird Count

           This year's Audubon Christmas Bird Count for Darke County will be December 20, 2014.   It is being sponsored by the Darke Countians for Wildlife Conservation and the Darke County Birders.  Meet at the McDonalds at 1301 Wagner Ave between 7 & 8 to eat and then we will divide into teams and receive an area to count.

     Assemble at the Darke County Park's Nature Center, 4267 St Rte 502 at  noon for a hot lunch and talk about the mornings unique or interesting finds, be it plant, animal, bird, or whatever.  We will also discuss any areas that need to be covered in the afternoon.  All areas counted can be turned in at this time to Bob Welch.  Those finishing Saturday evening please turn in your count tallies at the DC Birders meeting, at 7:00 PM on December 23rd at Shawnee Prairie or at the Nature Center after the 23rd  of December.  Count Week (CW) will be the 3 days before December 20th, 17, 18, 19 and the three days after the 20th, 21, 22, & 23.  Birds counted on the 3 days before the 20th and the 3 days after the 20th but, not counted on the 20th, can be added to the tally and listed as CW species.

     For more information contact Bob or Judie Welch at 937-968-3514 or [log in to unmask] or Steve Miller 937-547-3340