OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2014

From:
Dillon Nott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dillon Nott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2014 03:46:55 -0800
I just want to post all of the amazing birds I had this year nesting in my
bird houses.
( nothing else to do, so why not. :) )

House sparrow-Failed-over heat or left by parents

House Sparrow-Success-all lived!

Eastern blue birds-Sucess! I love seeing my beautiful babies with 5 eggs
all be a success
( if you have a bluebird box, putting up a meal worm feeder really help
them out! )

Eastern Blue bird- failed-unknown why

Chickadee-Sucess! A rumble with a Wren happened 2, but momma sure did keep
her babies safe!

Tree Swallows- Success! I remember the Tree Swallows would always try to
look in the bluebird box, cuties!

House Wren- Partly Success- All lived but one died :,( Always traveled in
other boxes

EasternPhoebe- nested on my porch light, best of 4 eggs, all lived!

Now To Include Bird Nest I've had At My House AndRelatives House.
______________________________________

Robin-success! ( I'm not putting every Robin nest cuz I had a million of
them )

Cardinal- 1 rotten egg, all lived!

Green Heron- success! Nested close to grandmas feeders, and I loved seeing
4 babies hunting at our pond with there parents!

Eastern Meadow Lark- success! It was amazing seeing the parents fly to
there burrowed nest every 10 seconds! Very nice

ChippingSparrow- failed- was right in front of my house in the bushes, was
raided by House Sparrows >:[  nest was very small!

CarolinaWren- success! nested in my grandparents barn, behind a bunch of
wood and fence pieces.

I can't think of any more, but I think it would be cool to get more people
to do this, I'd love to see them! :)

Merry Christmas, stay safe,
-Dillon