OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2015

From:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2015 11:30:46 -0500
Julie Karlson and I visited South Charleston today. Just south of the bike
trail on Route 41 at the first house were several Eurasian Collared-Doves.
They seem to like one of the trees at that house.

There are Lapland Longspurs along many of the roads in the area. The best
road was Copeland Road. This runs off Route 42 a couple miles east of South
Charleston. Along this short road we found large flocks of Horned Larks with
maybe 25 Lapland Longspurs and 5 Snow Buntings.

Doug Overacker
Springfield, Ohio