OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2015

From:
Dillon Nott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dillon Nott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2015 18:41:25 -0800
Finally got to Killdeer today at noon till 6:00, had amazing first time
there, birds included:

Red Tailed Hawks- 10 - mostly every where, mostly on CH-115 and through
TH-103

Red Shoulder Hawk- 1( juvenile ) - in tree line on right hand side going
north on CH-115

Northern Harriers - 17 - genders were quite equal, most seen on CH-115 &
CH-71

Rough Legged Hawks - 4 - 3 light 1 dark, all seen on CH-115 & CH-68

Bald Eagles - 7 - 3 adults, 4immature - most flying and perched over the
three huge ponds a little east of CH-115, and some on CH-68 and CH-71

Northern Shrike - 1 - on tree lines on CH-68, past the two ponds

Ring Necked Pheasant - 5 - all males, all on CH-71 a little east of TH-108

Short Eared Owl - 1 - THANKS AGAIN BILL, Bill spotted it on CH-68 while
looking for the Shrike, then we showed to see, first Short Eared my whole
life. It was way out on some trees just a little west of Washburn Rd.

Flickers & TreeSparrows seen aswell, some Jays and woodpeckers.

No Saw Whet or Long Eared seen in the pine grove, Saw Whet seen in the
middle of the loop this morning.