OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2015

From:
Brad Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brad Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 17:48:34 +0000
Spent my lunch hour today watching 20+ bald eagles at Wills Creek Dam. There were at least 15 along Will Creek between the Dam and the village of Wills Creek. This is along a 2 mile stretch of CR 274, downstream of the dam (north). There were another 6 located between the village of Wills Creek and the old AEP Coal Wash Plant on another 2 mile stretch of TR 263. Most were immatures. I only saw 2 adults in the whole bunch. Viewing was very good as many of them were perched right over Wills Creek, which is very narrow, with the roads running very close to the creek.

The GPS coordinates for Wills Creek Dam are: 40.15766, -81.84985

There were also a few mergansers and geese, and a large flock of gulls at the dam. Most of the gulls were ring-billed, with what appeared to be a couple herring gulls.

Brad Perkins
RockTenn-Forest Resources
Area Manager
Coshocton, Ohio