OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2015

From:
Jacob Roalef <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jacob Roalef <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:35:26 -0500
A group of 6 birders (including myself) tried for the YHBL this evening in
the location it has been for the past 3 nights and we did not have any
luck. Most of us arrived at 5:20 which was apparently too early because the
blackbirds didn't start showing up until 5:55ish. By that time we were all
quite cold, not good! Also lighting conditions for this evenings viewing of
the birds was very poor. Majority of the flock was on the opposite side of
the road than previous days making things very backlit.

With all that being said, it is certainly possible (even likely) that the
bird is still in the area and we just missed it. Stay warm if you go and
hope the birds on the good side for viewing! I plan on trying for this bird
again sometime during the weekend and dressing warmer!

Good Birding!
- Jacob Roalef
Rogue Birders
thefirebirder.blogspot.com