OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2015

From:
Stefan Gleissberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stefan Gleissberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2015 18:10:43 -0500
Today, two Greater White-fronted Geese were grazing with about 80 Canada Geese just upstream of Richland Avenue Bridge in Athens, Ohio. I stopped there two times, at 12:40 and 3:00 pm. Both times there was also a single all-white goose that turned out to be a domestic-type Graylag Goose.

In the morning, I had seen a V of 17 Canada Geese fly over the east side of town, with one smaller goose mixed in, so I decided to try and find it later along the river. At the time I had thought it might be a Cackling Goose.

This is  alife bird for me! And even better, a life bird where I live.

Images at:

Nice day with milder temperatures and some sun…

Stefan
===

Stefan Gleissberg
Athens, Ohio