OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2015

From:
Dante Giancola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dante Giancola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2015 08:55:11 -0500
Here in southern Cuyahoga County we have a pair that becomes extremely tame between May and July each year before becoming more wary the rest of the year

They often perch/hunt on our deck, feeders and nearby trees during all hours of the day almost every day even sitting 10 feet away from our daughter while she plays in the sandbox. I assume it has to do with having a nest and the generous rodent population in our ground cover.

Allows for great photos!

Dante

Sent from my iPhone