OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2015

From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2015 09:13:04 -0500
Lest the cold spell dispirit you, this post from the NC list.
Bill Whan

Subject: Krispy Kreme butterbutts
Date: Sun Feb 15 2015 16:49 pm
From: jconnorsbird AT gmail.com

This afternoon I took my grandson to Krispy Kreme donuts in downtown

Raleigh...one day after NCSU's Krispy Kreme challenge running-then eating a

dozen donuts- then try not to barf as you run back to campus- fundraiser.

Needless to say there were all sorts of squashed donuts remains all over

the parking lot and its immediate environs.

So who's pickin' up the scraps? Starlings, house sparrows, stray dogs?

Nope. Dozens of Yellow-rumped Warblers were huddled in the parking lot, on

the curbs, in the shrubbery and even in the truck loading deck feeding on

the remains of the donut-eating orgy. Never seen anything like it! Who knew?

John Connors, Raleigh, NC

- See more at:
http://birding.aba.org/message.php?mesid=864749&MLID=NzC&MLNM=North%20and%20South%20Carolina#sthash.bi6LuYZA.dpuf