OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2015

From:
inga schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
inga schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2015 16:26:30 -0500
There was a nice flock of snow buntings and horned larks feeding
in the manure spread over the field on Hayes Road in Middlefield
this afternoon.  I tried to pick through the flock looking for longspurs
but didn’t find any. The snow blowing across the fields from the
huge snow piles lining the road often obscured the flock, but
inbetween gusts, I could see quite clearly.

Only two rough legged hawks…both the stunning dark phase, flying
together.

(The best spot today was between Peters and Nauvoo.)

Inga Schmidt