OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2015

From:
"Coy, Patrick G." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Coy, Patrick G.
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 2015 15:53:57 +0000
Thanks to the posting from Peg and Rob Bobel on Sunday, Karin Tanquist and I had a lovely waterfowl morning in Portage Lakes area at the Cove Blvd boat ramp, as well as from the intersection of the Tuscawaras River with Hwy 93.

The ducks were concentrated due to limited open water and so many were also up close and personal, making for stunning viewing given the breeding plumages.

28 species

Canada Goose  X

Mute Swan  4

Trumpeter Swan  3