OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2015

From:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 2015 23:07:49 -0400
Please join us as we welcome back a very special guest,
internationally-acclaimed birder and photographer Richard Crossley. Author
of the acclaimed Crossley ID Guide: Eastern Birds as well as the Crossley ID
Guide: Raptors and co-author of The Shorebird Guide, Richard last visited
Columbus Audubon in early 2012. He is back by popular demand!

At the Columbus Audubon program on Tuesday, March 24, Richard Crossley will
be signing copies of his books. Through special arrangement with our friends
at Wild Birds Unlimited in Columbus on Sawmill Rd, we will have plenty of
copies of each for sale. Of course, if you already have copies, you are
welcome to bring them along for Richard to sign.

7:00 - 7:15 pm: Short Program by Pete Precario, executive director at
Midwest Biodiversity Institute, Inc. and Mick Micacchion MBI Biologist.
Pete and Mick will discuss the development of a significant wetland at the
Scioto Audubon Metro Park and MBI's proposed significant enhancement to the
park.

7:15 - 7:30 pm: Refreshments and social time. Be sure to take the bird quiz
and try for a special prize.  Sign in and get a raffle ticket for one of 2
door prizes.

7:30 pm: Main Program by Richard Crossley, internationally acclaimed birder,
photographer and award winning author of The Crossley ID Guide series. He is
also co-founder of the global birding initiative Pledge to Fledge
(www.pledgetofledge.org) and Race4Birds (www.race4birds.org). He has
contributed to most major birding publications, is frequently heard on
radio, and is a highly sought-after public speaker. Richard's topic is Past,
Present and Future: Learning from Success and Failure to Change the Future,
and he'll share tales of lessons learned while growing up in the wild
British birding scene, from travels around the world, to living in Japan and
settling down for good in his birding utopia Cape May, NJ. He'll also share
his thoughts behind The Crossley ID Guide series.

This Columbus Audubon programs is free and open to the public. Programs are
held at the Grange Insurance Audubon Center 505 West Whittier Street in the
Scioto-Audubon Metro Park on the Whittier Peninsula.