OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2015

From:
Dillon Nott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dillon Nott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 2015 18:07:29 -0700
So after me and my grandma tried calling Barred and screech owls about 5
minutes ago, our 20th fail and empty handed :( we have pretty much never
heard/seen owls here. We got woods, a pond surrounded by pine trees, and a
swampy back woods, surrounded by fields. Plus 3 screech boxes, and 1 barn
o. Box. Yet I don't understand why we have never had any owl activity here.
We are very careful and quite around here. So I'm asking everyone if they
have owls in their back yards. If you do, what is your property like? And
any extra important info that would be extremely appreciated. And any
reasons why we have no owls? I want this place to be a owl haven, and I've
read everything about attacking owls, and it seems we got 99% of owls
needs. Plus a mole problem.....