OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2015

From:
Rachel Shamy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rachel Shamy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 12:11:55 -0400
Well since last year my husband has been hearing a very unique bird call he
just couldn't place. All he could tell me was it was "exotic" sounding to
him. So this year he hears this bird call again and is bound and determined
to figure out who or what is making this sound! So he followed the sound
and to his great amazement this high pitched liquid sound was coming from
a unwelcomed parasitic Brown Headed Cowbird!!!

Wish it was a cooler bird but they do make a cool sound!!

I love birding!

Rachel S.
Fulton/Lucas County Line