OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2015

From:
August Froehlich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
August Froehlich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 23:41:35 +0000
It has been pointed out to me that I was being a little too cavalier with my bird list.

In particular, I should have spelled out that I had seen both Double Crested Commorant and Turkey Vulture.

I used a common shorthand abbreviation that uses four letters from the name, either the first four or two from the first and two from the second part of the name, or whatever combination that has come to be used.

Examples can be seen here
http://www.birdpop.org/pages/birdSpeciesCodes.php

Folks of various levels of birding expertise and familiarity view these posts, and we should strive to accommodate birders of all skill levels.

Also, the hosts of this list have asked that we use full names of birds for indexing purposes.

See here for more helpful guidance:
http://www.ohiobirds.org/site/emaillist.php

August Froehlich
Dublin, OH