OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2015

From:
Doreene Linzell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doreene Linzell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2015 22:04:20 -0400
Cross-posting from FB and also a positive report of the Eared Grebe found by Tom Bartlett on Saturday and refound today by Vic Fazio about noon. It was still present at 6:30 p.m. The grebe is in the Beaver Creek Upground Reservoir in Seneca Co - a few miles southwest of Clyde. We saw it in the southwest corner - not right by the edge but out a bit. According to Vic this bird is about 90% in breeding plumage. A very handsome bird, indeed.

If you can get to FB (either Birding Ohio or FB Rare Bird), check out the photos. No doubt about the ID of this grebe!!!!!

Good luck to anyone that tries to see it tomorrow.

Doreene Linzell
Dan Sanders