From:
Jeff Bilsky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Bilsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 2015 17:59:24 -0400
This morning I participated in a tour of Fernald Preserve. While hiking the
loop, I had a few spring migrant highlights including a singing BROWN
THRASHER, a couple of BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHERS, several CHIPPING SPARROWS and
a few singing YELLOW-THROATED WARBLERS.

I stopped by Spring Grove cemetery afterwards and had more GNATCATCHERS,
several CHSP and 3 YTWA all in the same bush.  Another highlight was an FOY
lonesome NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOW. This continues to be a very
reliable spot for finding SAPSUCKERS as well.

Complete lists below. Good Birding.

Fernald Nature Preserve (Hamilton Co.), Hamilton, US-OH
Apr 11, 2015 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
5.0 mile(s)
37 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose  25
Mute Swan  1
Wood Duck  6
Mallard  20
dabbling duck sp.  100
Pied-billed Grebe  1
Great Blue Heron  5
Turkey Vulture  12
Red-tailed Hawk  1
American Coot  20
Killdeer  8
Greater Yellowlegs  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  2
Downy Woodpecker  2
Northern Flicker  1
Pileated Woodpecker  1
American Kestrel  1
Eastern Phoebe  2
Blue Jay  5
American Crow  4
Tree Swallow  30
Barn Swallow  5
Carolina Chickadee  5
Tufted Titmouse  5
Carolina Wren  1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  2
American Robin  10     One nest with 2 eggs
Brown Thrasher  1
European Starling  10
Yellow-throated Warbler  3
Eastern Towhee  1