From:
Carole Babyak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 2015 19:44:29 -0400
I had 15 - 20 Goldfinch most of the winter.   They left when the Coopers Hawk dove into the feeding area

in February, but have returned.    Funny thing is I had bought a new thistle sox for them (end of Jan.) and moved the thistle

tube feeder to a shepherd hook.  The winter Goldfinches continued to feed from the tube feeder and only

Chickadees investigated the sox.      When they started to get flecks of gold several Goldfinches were on the sox

and they continue to feed from the sox and the tube feeder.      Conclusion could be that the Goldfinches move

around and the ones I have now were not the ones I had in Jan & Feb......or as they became gold they became

more inquisitive, daring ......      or perhaps the winter Goldfinches had never seen a sox and it took new comers

to recognize it and then everyone fed from it.???             I may have more now because they are on the sunflower

feeders as well as the thistle,  and the males are gold  so more noticeable.         Birds are Great.

Carole Babyak  Trumbull Co. Howland Twp.