From:
Rachel Shamy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rachel Shamy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 2015 23:11:41 -0400
Spent a wonderful spring break in Gatlinburg and a couple days Great Smoky
Mountain National Park and Knoxville,TN. Every day the Cardinals, Song
Sparrows and Robins sang very loudly and cheerfully, also heard Northern
Mockingbird singing and what I thought were Pileated Woodpeckers calling
and drumming but I ended up seeing several Northern Flickers. While in TN I
had the chance to see 3 Northern Mockingbirds, 3-4 Song Sparrows (just
outside the hotel), Cardinals, Robins, Tree Swallows, Barn Swallows, lots
of prs of Carolina Chickadees, Carolina Wren and several small beautiful
possible Warblers that I took pics of but cannot ID. (Let me know if you
would like to help me ID them).

I have to say coming back to Ohio weather hasn't been great but the grass
is growing and all the birds seem to be singing especially RW Blackbirds
(about 100 in our woods), House Finches, Juncos, and finally the cheery
chirrup-cherree of our Robins. Can't wait for some warm spring weather
ahead and for the migrations to continue!!