From:
Dillon Nott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dillon Nott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2015 16:42:15 -0700
I was looking at my huge Sliver Maple tree in our front yard, then looked
at the 3 Oriole nests from 2 years ago and last year.
2 years ago, we had 1 pair with a fledgling hoping around the huge tree,
and eventually climbing toward the top, but I still fear the worst, even if
that momma was very protective. Now looking at them, I had a dumb moment
and forgot when Orioles return to ohio. Don't quote me, but the earliest
I've seen Orioles was around May. Then I thought about the beautiful Summer
& Scarlet Tanagers. The only Tanager I've ever seen was a bright Male
Summer Tanager last summer at Battelle Metro at a picnic area.

So when Do both of them return? While everyone's mind set on returning
Warblers, I'm sitting here waiting on Orioles and Tanagers :)