From:
"Stierhoff, Elayna M." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stierhoff, Elayna M.
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 2015 07:16:24 -0400
I agree with Rob.  As a land manager, one of the hardest things to do is try to win the war against invasive plants.  And we are not winning even though we(just my Department) spend hundreds of thousands of dollar a year to try.  They spread at such an alarming rate and totally change our ecosystem, at this point we can only win small areas with constant vigilance and removal.  Large areas are beyond us.  These areas cut are ripe for the spread and takeover of invasive plants.