From:
Ryan Tomazin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan Tomazin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 2015 15:42:42 -0400
Hello All,

As Co-Director of this year's Foray, I wanted to let you know that our Brooks Bird Club of WV will be having our annual Foray in early June, this time in beautiful Preston County, WV. This area includes Cranesville Swamp, the Cheat River, Cathedral State Park, and more. We compile county-wide data on birds, plants, herps, mushrooms and more, and it is published in The Redstart, our scientific publication of which you might be aware (editor: Albert "Jay" Buckelew).

Where this could be advantageous to students or any other young birders/naturalists that you might know is that scholarships are available for applicants to cover their expenses, and we are always looking for new talent to enrich the group. While many of our members are West Virginians, we 'cross-pollinate' with other groups, and we have a number of members in Ohio that participate. If you want forms and information, please feel free to contact me Even for adults/paying participants, it is only $272 per person if they stay the whole 7+ days, all inclusive minus gasoline.

The Foray has been going on for 76 years now, and it is really fun and interesting. This is also a good opportunity for students and adults alike to meet people 'in the field' that might be springboards for them.

Thanks for your time, and keep your eyes to the skies,

Ryan Tomazin - Brooks Bird Club Co-Director - 412-220-9726 - [log in to unmask] - in Bridgeville, PA