From:
August Froehlich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
August Froehlich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 2015 22:21:27 +0000
I think this is a great time to bring up that we all can validate the occurrence of Foolish 1 April posts by going to the archives of the listserv:

http://listserv.miamioh.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A0=OHIO-BIRDS

Click on the month/year link and you will bring up a page with all the posts from that month arranged alphabetically as well as a section lower on the page that allows you sort the posts by subject, author, or date.

From my cursory review, it seems that while we have had some outrageously creative Foolish posts, we haven't had a lot of them.

But this just an example of the power of the archive.

You can search on terms like "Prairie Warbler" (using the quotes) and get 28 matches in the form of links to posts with subject author and date.

You can search on place names to get some idea of what might be found there. "Scioto River" (again with quotes) returns 315 posts.

The archives go back to October 2006, so there are plenty of posts to review.

It's a good way to fill the time between when we want to see the birds and when they finally get here ;)

And just to note, this list has recorded a huge amount of observations over the past ~9 years.

Thank you all for your willingness to share your sightings with the rest of us.

August Froehlich
Dublin, OH