From:
Sameer Apte <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sameer Apte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2015 20:31:21 -0400
Hi all,
Wouldn't the S&D be more suitable for Louisiana Waterthrush? Unless this
NOWA was expressly identified by field marks and/or vocalizations, Northern
Waterthrush typically does not pass through until early May, whereas this
is the peak of LOWA season. If the bird was ID'd by field
marks/vocalization this would be a very early sighting and should be noted
in records. Looking on eBird I notice that NOWA has been reported at
Firestone Metropark between 5/2 and 5/16. Meanwhile, LOWAs have been
reported annually in the region as early as April 10-11. April 18th would
be significantly early and would represent a record arrival for the area.
Does anyone want to weigh in on this possibility or confirm this bird's ID
as Northern for record purposes?
Good birding,
Sameer Apte