From:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 2015 23:48:38 -0400
Please join us on Tuesday, April 28, as we welcome Dr. Bernard Master, who
is an internationally recognized conservationist and distinguished health
care professional and business entrepreneur. He was the founder, chairman
and CEO of Health Power, Inc.  Bernie is well-known to local birders and
Columbus Audubon members. He has a life list that includes over
three-quarters of the world's bird species (in excess of 7,700 birds). He is
a former Columbus Audubon board member.  Bernie will select 10 of the rarest
birds from his photo collection and talk about them.  His topic for the
evening is "World Birding-Finding the Rarest Birds in the World".

Bernie has a new book out entitled "No Finish Line" an autobiography about
his world birding, medicine, business and the environment. The book is on
sale at Amazon and he will bring some books to sell and sign.

We are delighted to have Dr. Bernard Master address the Columbus Audubon
members and guests Tuesday evening April 28th.

The schedule for the evening is as follows:

7:00 - 7:15 pm: CA Short Program:  Randy Rogers, chair of the grounds and
historical preservation committee at Green Lawn Cemetery and cemetery
trustee Randy will give us a brief update on recent events in the park and
insight into plans for the future to preserve and enhance Green Lawn for
birds and birdwatchers.

7:15 - 7:30 pm: Social time, light refreshments and monthly bird quiz
organized by Nadya Bennett.  Study skins are on loan from The Ohio State
University museum and Dr. Angelika Nelson and her staff.  Try your hand at
the quiz and win a prize.

7:30 - 9:00 pm: Main program, 2 door prizes

This Columbus Audubon programs is free and open to the public. Programs are
held at the Grange Insurance Audubon Center at 505 West Whittier Street in
the Scioto-Audubon Metro Park on the Whittier Peninsula).

This is our last program for the season and we will look forward to seeing
you in September when we resume our monthly meetings.  If you have
suggestions for speakers please email [log in to unmask]

And please, members and guest are expected and welcomed!!