From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 2015 20:19:59 -0400
I had a little time between appointments and work so I hit a couple of
local hotspots to see what flew in.   Nothing "spectacular"...except 300
Cormorants. There were some shorebirds out in the East pond, but they were
too far off to ID.

Still on the hunt for Orange-crowned Warblers...so if they pop up, please
let me know by posting to ebird, or here, or email directly...I'll get it
one way or another. :-D

Lists below,

Happy Birding, and God Bless

Steve J

Marion Tallgrass Trail--East, Marion, US-OH
Apr 24, 2015 12:33 PM - 1:51 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Submitted from  BirdLog NA for Android v1.9.6
29 species

Canada Goose  6
Ruddy Duck  3
Turkey Vulture  2
Killdeer  2
Mourning Dove  4
Downy Woodpecker  1
American Kestrel  1
Blue Jay  4
American Crow  2
Tree Swallow  20
Carolina Chickadee  2
Tufted Titmouse  2
White-breasted Nuthatch  2
House Wren  1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  6
Eastern Bluebird  1
American Robin  20
Brown Thrasher  1
European Starling  10
Yellow-rumped Warbler  1
Chipping Sparrow  2
Field Sparrow  4
Song Sparrow  6
White-throated Sparrow  5
Northern Cardinal  4
Red-winged Blackbird  20
Eastern Meadowlark  4
Common Grackle  10
Brown-headed Cowbird  4

View this checklist online at

Big Island Wildlife Area--North of Larue-Prospect Rd., Marion, US-OH
Apr 24, 2015 1:45 PM - 2:15 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:     Submitted from  BirdLog NA for Android v1.9.6
23 species

Canada Goose  40
Trumpeter Swan  4
Blue-winged Teal  30
Northern Shoveler  8
Red-breasted Merganser  2
Ruddy Duck  30
Pied-billed Grebe  5
Horned Grebe  3
Double-crested Cormorant  300     Most sitting on the dyke between the west
and the central pond.
Great Blue Heron  40
Turkey Vulture  5
Northern Harrier  1