From:
Laura Peskin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Peskin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2015 15:15:45 -0400
Has henslow still been frequenting Wendy pk, clvld ?  I'm there now.

3p wed 4/29 Just saw interesting small bird more warbler architecture but
sparrow size under trees in sand right in middle of park, where streams
probably flow during rain.  Then dogwalker came & it moved to sand under
volleyball net.  Then I lost.

Like Henslow yellow head w/ blk striping; body contrasts to head by not
being yellowish at all-- brown striped like Henslow pic.  Yet black stripes
on head are more pronounced to me than in most pics.  More like black bands
on my bird.  That's why it reminded me of a warbler.  To see any bird like
this at all let alone in sand is unfamiliar to me, as is the Henslow
sparrow. Almost never seen that.

Laura